Me and my fiance were looking to buy new living room furniture in the near future, and sectional from Room Place was among 2-3 we were thinking about.His credit is not that great so my condition was to have him as cosigner so it will improve with time, so I was deciding which place I will go with based on that.

I was assured by representative that it is possible to have joined account and I would just have to call the bank on the next business day and add him. This was a lie since bank told me he can be added just as co-buyer which gives him no responsibility for the payment. I called the store and first I waited for 25 minutes for the Sales Representative to answer. He said he will research this issue and get back to me.

He never did. I had to call two days later to talk to him again and after saying the same thing, he called me an hour later saying that his company used to have this option but they changed the policy and he wasn't aware of it.

Few days later I've received a letter from "Assurant Solution" with a statement about purchasing a life insurance company which I never agreed to or anybody ever mentioned it.At this point I just want to return my furniture and NEVER deal with them again!!

Had an Experience with The Room Place?

Comments

Avon, Indiana, United States #604429

This business..if that is what they call it, is a complete disappointment to us!My wife and I will never shop there again and we are telling all our family and friends to stay away!!

HEAR THIS WARNING LOUD AND CLEAR!! YOU WILL BE SURPRISED BY THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THINK THAT THEY ARE JUST NEEDING MONEY..THEY PUSH YOU AT THE DOOR TO PURCHASE. THEY DO NOT INFORM YOU OF ALL THE DETAILS NOR DO THEY GIVE YOU ALL THE PAPERWORK WITH ALL THE FINE PRINT THAT THEY SAY YOU READ. Stay away!!

Go find another furniture store that will stand behind the purchase and will stand behind the warranty!! YOU WILL SHOCKED AND SO AMAZED BY IT..YOU WILL WISH YOU LISTENED TO ME!! I GUARANTEE IT! IT HAPPENED TO US MORE THAN ONCE!!

RUN...RUN..GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.I CANNOT STRESS IT ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #604425

I am so disappointed with my purchase!PLEASE!!

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS PLACE. THEY ARE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF RIGHT AND LEFT AND NOT ONE PERSON IS OWNING UP OR MAKING ANYTHING RIGHT WITH THE CUSTOMERS. THIS TYPE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS TO BE PUT TO A STOP. I WILL BE TELLING EVERYONE I KNOW AND I KNOW A NUMEROUS AMOUNT OF PEOPLE TO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS PLACE.

THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER PLACES OUT THERE THAT WILL HONOR YOUR BUSINESS AND APPRECIATE YOUR LOYALTY TO OPEN A CREDIT LINE AND PAY ON TIME. I HAVE PURCHASED ALMOST $20,000.00 WORTH OF FURNITURE FROM THIS PLACE ON THREE DIFFERENT OCCASIONS AND ALL THREE TIMES I WAS UPSET AND NEVER RECEIVED PROPER TREATMENT OR DID THEY HANDLE THE PROBLEM AT ALL! LIKE I SAID...BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!IT IS REALLY A JOKE!!!

I just had furniture delivered today 6/2/2012 from The Room Place, furniture has a few nicks and is too big for the room.I called to return the furniture and manager told me there's a no return policy!

This was never mentioned to me at any point or time.I am very disappointed and will be contacting my attorney on Monday.

Hello Valued Customer

My name is Jasmine Sakic, and I am the Vice President of Customer Loyalty at The RoomPlace. I am personally accountable for your experience. Please accept my apology; we should have done a better job to explain the regulatory changes. We strive for excellence with every encounter and when we don’t accomplish, we value and appreciate your feedback so that we can improve upon our Customer experience. Please email me at jsakic@theroomplace.com, I would love the opportunity to speak with you and assist however do not have your contact information, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,