Purchased A Five piece set from the Room Place on 4/24/2012.In September I noticed that the seams were coming loose on the ottoman and the chaise portions, but not on the couch portion.
Filed a claim through the appropriate channels and after two months the two defective (their words at the time) pieces were replaced. A month later, Mid-November, I noticed that once again the seams were starting to come loose and show through. I called to file a claim right after the Thanksgiving holiday and a service technician came out on Dec. 19 to look at it.
After looking at it for all of 30 seconds and snapping a few photos with his phone (blocking the light) he was finished. Same problem only this time he deemed normal wear and tear but he will submit my claim anyway. January 14 and I still haven't heard from them (previously they got back to me promptly, but due to the holiday I gave them some time to get back to me) so I gave them a call to find that my claim is closed (no one called me) and that it is in fact classified as "Normal wear and tear". I've explained to them that this was replaced in the past and that the issue is with the part of the couch that has less than 2 months of use, while the part with 9 months of use looks fine.
In fact the new chaise looks worse after 2 months than the last one did after 6 months. I would have been better off with the old chaise.
It clearly states in the warranty paperwork "Seam stitching that has come loose on upholstered furniture" and that is exactly what this is. But they fail to honor it in any way.
As it stands I have a couch where part of it looks pin-stripped but not all of it.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company..."
- "I ordered furniture the first week of February, its may 18 and i still haven't received all of it. They brought me a broke chest and a bed that didn't..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."
- "I lost 75 lbs and it feels like 100 lbs. I couldn't have done it without the Roca Labs regimen.It was so easy to do. Those who say it doesn't..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."