In September of 2010, we bought $3000 worth of furniture. A bedroom Dresser/Mirror, A matching Chest and a sectional and coctail ottomen. We purchased the exteneded warranty for all items
With in the first 30 days, a cushion on the sofa had its threads tearing out. I called, the room place, they came out, looked then replaced. about 6 months later, the back of the sofa started tearing, where my husband rests his heavy arm. I called the Room Place, they came out, then replaced. Both times, I was under the impression, this was done under my extended warranty. In on October 1, 2011, I had to have emergency major surgery, and my husband was out of town for work. When I came home from the hospital on 10/11, I found the back of my couch ripped and the back cushion torn down the center. Now, I called the Room place who sent out a tech, who took pics and that was it. two weeks later I called to see what was happening, I was told that I had to go through the waranty company Guardian; something I knew nothing about. The room place gave me the information for Guardian and I phoned and was told they would not cover the claim as it was a manufactuer issue. The sales man never gave me any information on the warranty, such as exclussions, limitations or even a stinking name of the company. Now, I have been fighing with the room place and the Guardian, becasue 1, I was not given any information at the time of purchase other than the extended warranty covered everything, by the sales man; and 2 because at the time I made the initial call, I was still under the influence of heavy medication and anesthesia affects. i was essentially temporarily disabled, but knew I had to notify who every of the damage.
Turns out that during my time in the hospital, my 19 year old son was staying at my house taking care of my dogs and when my 80 pound lab seen a stranger in the yard, he jumped up into the window, on the back of the couch, and his nail tore the back, and when my son pulled him from the window, the dogs claw ripped the entire back of the sofa and down to the cushion. My son did not tell me while I was in the hospital so not to upset me and he was not at my house when I came home.
Now I am stuck with a ripped up $1800 sectional, out the money I paid for the extended warranty and punished for having been disabled. you would think that the room place would at least step up and replace the furniture since their salesman failed to give ne any information on the limitaions and exclussions of the warranty. So basically, their sales people lie and manipulate you into buying bs warranties and then they *** by not giving you all the information.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sofa Sectional
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "I have tried to resolve this issue in an amicable way but this Company will not make good on their products, I purchased approximately $12,000 at this store to include..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."
- "Came home to have dinner with my grandmother. She made chicken kievs with a side of general mills broccoli spears and butter sauce! I was absolutely DISGUSTED when i cut..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "We had purchased a bookcase in August 2016 from The Mallery Hall Collection company. We really liked the design of that bookcase, and we were hoping that this would be..."
- "Tread wear is severely bad due to defective materials in these tires. Local TOYO dealers and Ford service Dept (Based on TOYO info) say there is nothing they can do...."