The Room Place - Review about Sectional Sofa

I purchased a sectional sofa from The Room Place 2 years ago.Two months after the delivery I began calling describing my problems with my new sectional I had purchased from them.

The leather began to peel and the cushions were already mashed with no spring back. The sectional is in a family of 4 with normal use. I kept getting pushed off to someone else, the extended warranty company, and the manufacturer, All sent me back to The Room Place. Today 9/7/14, I went to the store in Rockford, Il.

Again, no help, not standing behind the product.

I hope this helps anyone thinking of purchasing from this privately held corporation.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Sectional Sofa
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #531046

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with The Room Place? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 10, 2015 #1005816

My sectional was fabric and kept pulling apart at seams less than 6 months after purchase. Only 2 adults less than 160 lbs and no children, so very light usage. The Roomplace said was wear and tear. Extended warranty said manuf defect. After calling better business bureau they still wouldn't allow us to switch. They agreed to repair only once. Less than 2 months later same problem. $2500 piece of junk. They were just jerks.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to The Room Place. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about The Room Place.
Filing a new complaint about