I purchased a sectional sofa from The Room Place 2 years ago.Two months after the delivery I began calling describing my problems with my new sectional I had purchased from them.

The leather began to peel and the cushions were already mashed with no spring back. The sectional is in a family of 4 with normal use. I kept getting pushed off to someone else, the extended warranty company, and the manufacturer, All sent me back to The Room Place. Today 9/7/14, I went to the store in Rockford, Il.

Again, no help, not standing behind the product.

I hope this helps anyone thinking of purchasing from this privately held corporation.

Had an Experience with The Room Place?

Comments

My sectional was fabric and kept pulling apart at seams less than 6 months after purchase.Only 2 adults less than 160 lbs and no children, so very light usage.

The Roomplace said was wear and tear. Extended warranty said manuf defect. After calling better business bureau they still wouldn't allow us to switch. They agreed to repair only once.

Less than 2 months later same problem.

$2500 piece of junk.They were just jerks.

The Room Place - Dining Room table will not close, not covered under warranty...s The Room Place "In May of 2012 I purchased $18,000 worth of furniture from the Room Place in Vernon Hills along with a $645 warranty. I recently decided to take the leaves..." Read more Ashley Furniture - Bought durablend leather couch and loveseat peeling and cracking. Ashley Furniture "Purchased a durablend leather couch and loveseat from Ashley 2 years ago it started cracking and peeling everywhere. Called the MFS protection plan said not covered normal wear and tear...." Read more The Room Place - Mattress Review The Room Place "...The junkiest mattress I've ever seen!!!!This is not the one I was shown when I purchased..." Read more The Room Place - Lied about Warranty The Room Place "In September of 2010, we bought $3000 worth of furniture. A bedroom Dresser/Mirror, A matching Chest and a sectional and coctail ottomen. We purchased the exteneded warranty for all items..." Read more Kate Spade - Insult to its customers Kate Spade "First time Kate Spade customer, Im looking to purchase a purse for my girlfriend. After an exhausting 30 minutes of looking I find something that I think she would like..." Read more Superjeweler - 3/4 Halo Ring Superjeweler "I am writing my review on the 3/4 Halo enhanced clarity ring I bought from Superjewler for $899.00 on 8/7/2017. Let me start by saying after reading the reviews I..." Read more Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Paid for a full dinner, didn't know I had to cook it myself Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen "Last night I drove to Popeyes to buy my family of four dinner. I paid $27 for a 10-piece chicken dinner with a large coleslaw and a large beans and..." Read more Western Dental - Cut my outer lip inside and out Western Dental " I was at my dentist getting braces removed, when doctor started sawing off cement residue from teeth he complained to dental assistant how his saw thing was not tightening..." Read more